Anybody night fishing?

dblevens

Was thinking about running over to a little lake here by the house tonight for a little night fishing. I've got a starfire submersible light, but the lake is small about 40 acres, but really deep 30 ft along the levee. Good clear water that is pumped in from the swimming area across the road. Not sure about the baitfish in this lake, but there are some good crappie in there, just not big numbers. The only "structure" on the lake is lilly pads along one side,the shallow side. And the lake just makes a steady fall from the shallow end to the deep end by the levee. Any tips for a rookie night fisherman?

toadfrog

If you don't have cover for them to hide in I'd fish where the breeze is pushing the water towards a jut or point on the bank . Slip bobber a few minnows on one pole and cast beetle spins with nickle or glow blades at anything that looked like it was sticking out of the water or slightly submerged . Blue and chart swim bait of some kind on the beetle spin rig would be my first shot .

dblevens

Lost Pole said:
Ever thought of dropping your own structure. Can space them in diff depths for the seasons.
?

Definitely, but running into a little "red tape" due to the fact that its a state park, and not controlled by the Game and Fish Commision.

Jig Man

I'd hook up around the levee, drop the light and the bait will find you... And maybe the fish will find them.

Back