Anybody know how to tie a mcflea?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That shouldn't be too bad to make something close... Looks like hackle feathers is the majority of the material. Looks like you just leave the point of the hackle out the hook end then palmer the rest (looks like several feathers were used) up the hook, trim off one side of the hackle fibers, then cover it with the back material. Not sure what that shell back material is though. Eyes look like burnt mono. You could use some strands of silicone skirt to make the long antennea (sp?) Try looking up a recipe for a scud fly pattern and that will give you the idea on how to deal with the back material.

I made some grass shrimp awhile ago that were pretty close but on a jig head and these were small, 1/32's. I used poly yarn (from a local craft shop) for the back material...

View attachment 3
View attachment 2

Attachments

• 101_0758_e.jpg
    101_0758_e.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 101_0761_e.jpg
    101_0761_e.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 44

flatsrat76

AtticaFish said:
That shouldn't be too bad to make something close... Looks like hackle feathers is the majority of the material. Looks like you just leave the point of the hackle out the hook end then palmer the rest (looks like several feathers were used) up the hook, trim off one side of the hackle fibers, then cover it with the back material. Not sure what that shell back material is though. Eyes look like burnt mono. You could use some strands of silicone skirt to make the long antennea (sp?) Try looking up a recipe for a scud fly pattern and that will give you the idea on how to deal with the back material.

I made some grass shrimp awhile ago that were pretty close but on a jig head and these were small, 1/32's. I used poly yarn (from a local craft shop) for the back material...
Looks great
think I will have to give it a try:D

Back