Anybody ever use this stuff???

Fatman

Looking around Google Books today and looking at C. Boyd Pfeiffer's book Tackle Making came across this stuff he used called Silastic Rubber RTV and the jig he made with it!!!!!!!!

Anybody ever use this stuff before??? Want to try and find some info on it, from someone who's used it before I spend any money.

Thanks
Fatman

jiggerjohn

Fatman, Some years ago a guy I got to know,Jack Murtha from NC, made & sold little jig molds that he hand crafted out of silicone rubber material. These were GREAT ! They captured perfect detail in any size/style head that you wanted to recreate, and any size or type of hook would fit!! I still have all these molds (what 30 years?) that I bought from Jack and they still all function perfectly!

DrCrappie

I remember in the fly Tier's Almanac on page 134, a guy used stuff called Mold-Tex to make an ant with...I think it was similar to Liquid Latex, that you added a dye to for coloring. Once it cured, you would peel it off the glass, then use it to wrap around a hook to make an ant body...I would imagine that would work too...

Uncle Grump

FM

Oddly enough, I was reading the same chapter of that book on Friday.....wondering the same thing....

UG

Back