Any help would be appreciated

Lost Pole

What do I need to know and what do I need to purchase in order to make this:

View attachment 8

Operational?
A dozen of these beauts were sent to my son for his bday so that I could personalize them for him from Mr Ron Don Supreme, since he knows Pistols affinity for spinners.
Prob is I've never bent anything besides the panels on my truck when temper was lost. Pretty sure I have access to split ring pliers but guessing Imma need some wire bending thingies or somethin'?
Gotta get these accomplished and off my list.
Thx for any help y'all could provide.

Adam

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320708893.270821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320708893.270821.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 73

CrappieHappy

Adam, you just need a split ring a swivel and a blade. Assemble the split ring to the swivrel and blade and bend the wire with some small needle nose around the swivel and make a loop to close it.

a100170e.jpg

SaltyBuckster

Yep,that's all you need.Do you want some more?I have a ton in every size and weight.I'll trade you for some bucktails.What size are they?Do you know?Size will determine what size blade and swivel you need.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I should have started the loop for the swivel for you. Reason I dont is that its easier to tie without the loop! Just start a loop with a pair of pliers but leave opening for the swivel. Pop in the swivel and pinch the loop! I hope i remembered to send swivels and blades???

ScottV

That was a good gift to Pistol from Ronny. I've never done those so I can't help but it looks like Heath's got you covered. Great looking example too Heath.

hunter7711

He has a bunch of blades, swivels, and split rings in the box he is going to get soon. Don't have any of the forms though. Sending some of my custom pony heads though.

Lost Pole

Wow. Thx everyone! Ronny sent blades n swivels, just needed to know how to bend the loop for em. Guess needle nose is the way to go.
Bruce, your bag has been sitting idle for a while now, was hoping to add a couple more tails to it bf I sent it but my pops hadn't gotten anything yet. Will put it in the mail next week regardless. It's not much.
Mr G, as much as I appreciate that, I really wish you wouldn't. You have Dre's hard head and big heart.
Thx again everyone.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Guess needle nose is the way to go.

Thats what i have used as well... i grab the wire with the tip of the pliers and roll them so the wire wraps around the needle nose. Once it is close, put the split ring/swivel on and crimp the loop closed.

Back