Another Dozen 1/64 oz.

SaltyBuckster

Here's an even dozen of 1/64 oz. with a size 8 gold sickle.6 of each color combo,the same Minner size 0 chenille on both.No flash whatsoever.Both tied with calf tail.
DSC09879.jpg

SaltyBuckster

fisherb said:
I like the lighter (greenish-silver?) head color. What paint is it?
That is some of cadman's automobile silver powder paint.PM him here for a color chart.I get it by the pound from him at a cost that no one else can match.

BucktailJiger

Well done Bruce . Now my question , how do you keep the eyes so clean when you paint them ?

SaltyBuckster

That was the top blackish part of my shad gray kiptail.Very cool looking color,I usually just chuck them out,but that one had to be used.

SaltyBuckster

Fatman said:
Never throw anything out you never know when you'll need it or use it for trade!!!!!!!!!
If I would have been tying these qwhile in Arizona,I think that I would have beat that state recoed 5 lber. for the gills.Hind sight is 20/20 lol

Fatman

But but tyers never throw anything out!!! C'mon fess up you keep all those little pieces of hackle just knowing you'll use it later!!!LOL And yes I'm guilty!!!!!!!

SaltyBuckster

Fatman said:
But but tyers never throw anything out!!! C'mon fess up you keep all those little pieces of hackle just knowing you'll use it later!!!LOL And yes I'm guilty!!!!!!!
Nope,never kept a piece of hackle.Just because I have never tied a hackle jig before in my life,lol.

SaltyBuckster

Another 6.I think I just might have enough tied for a good while now.Oh no,did'nt do any all white ones.Back to the paint shop for another dozen.
DSC09883.jpg

Back