Almost there

Lost Pole

Tried an old hole. Our rivers are screwed …… maybe for the whole spawn. Got to go for a couple hours yesterday to an unaffected, kinda, area.
Cldnt figure em out.
Til I got home…maybe.

qade7yba.jpg

The only male, 2nd from bottom was caught first. Semi shallow, 6'. The rest where caught drifting on deeper ledges sculling with dead line out, something I dont do.

Tucked my tail n sore paddle arm and hauled out.

Seems I didn't poke shallow enough maybe.

hybama3u.jpg

Got some crawdad bait though

usadeqa5.jpg

And some feesh meat to blacken this week for tacos

u2ugeseg.jpg

Hope I catch em just right soon.
Bottom big fish was pushing 14" and slam full of veiny eggs.

To make the story exciting, I fell down a 8' hill with a 10' light weight flat on my shoulder. Glad no one saw.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I was wondering if they were startin down there?? It definitely won't be long. Some will start here in a couple weeks. Glad u found some. In the next couple weeks I'm actually going to drop everything and go find a fish or two.

Helianthus

Perty! All looks good to me! What did you catch them on?

Glad to know there is someone else equally as graceful..... I'm also thankful nobody was around to watch the show when I exited the kayak this weekend :beat-up:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice going - glad you found some productive water. Ten pieces of fish makes a meal in my book - or at least that is the way i zip lock freezer bag mine.

Have not put any white meat like that in the freezer since....... way too friggin' too long. Will be glad to see the half azzed ice go away soon and get a chance to stock some away instead of testing holes with my spud bar. Either freeze or thaw and i would be happy. Always amazed at how early the fish start to spawn down south.

I have taken more spills than i care to re-count dragging my kayak around, hiking in to after dark honey holes and such. Will NEVER forget the time i drove an hour and got to the lake before i realized i forgot both my paddle and life jacket that i had kept in a separate spot of the shed. No more - the life jacket and paddle both go in the cockpit for storage at all times. You aren't getting any younger either. ;)

Fatman

Hey Attica - are you guys gonna get hit with that storm coming across?? They're watching it real close here. My materials should get here today or tommorrow so I'll have plenty of new stuff to tie with, and or powder paint.

Fatman

I know the feeling about fresh fish!!!! Buddy went to one of the off bays on the lake that still has fishable ice and told me he if he hits them big he'll stop on the way home and drop some off here's hoping.

You guys gonna get whacked with any of the storm coming across?? They're watching it real close here!!

Back