All set for the storm!!

Fatman

Got all the gas tanks filled for the snow blower, plenty of goodies, flashlights, cell phones. 

Anyone else in the path of the storm - STAY SAFE!!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Stay safe! My daughter was spose to go to DC for school trip tomorrow but they are rescheduling it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

bucktail

Just north of Syracuse NY,was just on the news talking about state of emergency...hope the weather man is wrong again

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yup, might be over a foot of white + frigid temps. Stuck indoors for 2 full days & nights. Sounds like you're prepared.

saltyfeathers

Don't know where everyone is located, but if the amount of rain I'm seeing right now turns into the white stuff, the boys up north are in for a whopper. On the plus side, 40 knot winds have us tied to a dock so we finally got some cell and internet service.

hookup

We stocked up too. Beer, gas, and food.

In NoVA - plenty of power outages because of the heavy snow taking down tree limbs & power lines. Looking outside I have about 4" - not what was forecasted.

Attica - It's a good thing your daughters school rescheduled the DC trip. DC can't handle any snow, then add commuting problems, ice - they did the safe thing

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
hookup - I figured DC would not do well with the snow. When the school called to tell us they were just thinking about canceling (would have been Sunday evening) there was a winter storm advisory and calling for up to 10" of the white stuff in DC. The snow always sucks, but the temps and wind would have made walking around to all the museums and monuments no fun at all. I am glad they rescheduled it for 2 weeks out. Hopefully it is a little warmer. Stay safe George!

Fatman

Yeah we started getting it - the ride to work was fine it's the ride home that worries me!!  The Boss is trying to get the OK from DC to shut us down early.

Our forcast changed to, instead of 6-10" now were under a Blizzard Warning and 18" to 24+", winds are supposed to increase to 40+ mph later today.  

Stay Safe all!!!!

Uncle Grump

This last weekend (11-12th), we were supposed to get hit  (S. MN). 6-10" they said, start at 1pm Sunday - snow in to Monday. Uh-huh - sure. What a wash out - maybe 5" total. Started around 3pm and was pretty much done by 8pm Sat evening.

The weather turkeys hype this stuff. Haven't seen a good blizzard in so many years.....

UG

bucktail

We got all of 14-16" here in North Syracuse NY,and still coming down
panfishing plans are out ,just 2 weeks ago I was in a hoodie on the river casting at night,
welcome to upstate NY,hahaha

Fatman

It started yesterday morning just before 7am when I was leaving for work - it changed quick and at 11 the Boss told everyone to go home. The ride WAS NOT FUN!!!

We're up to 21" right now and while the sun is shining it's snowing like crazy, we're looking at another 4-8", and my snowblower is acting up, gonna have to call a buddy with a plow to clear out the rest of the mess!!

bucktail

Be some good money spent Fatman....although nice to figure that snowblower out,good luck
Prob need a good carb cleaning ,always a good place to start,what's it doing?

slammingjack

Man that storm sucked. Got down to 35f last night. Had to turn on the heater, that mades three times this winter and put on a jacket today.

Fatman

Found out I lost the insert piece on the gas cap!! Got a new one and spent 4 hours cleaning it up!! Got another 4 inch's last night so when I get home I'll have to clear out the ends from the snow plows edging the roads.

Yeah 35 degrees is quite balmy!!! Course it's not the 60's we had a few weeks ago!!!

Back