all fired up!

quivira kid

Sunday was a warmup.... got grandpa out with the ice rods and flashers. Got to the dock about 3:30pm and left around 7:00.

31027_780423877903_1351928331_n.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am jonesing to get out on top the water pretty bad myself. Working up a plan to drive North into Michigan at least once this year. A couple of smaller inland lakes look promising, but always hear lots of talk about St. Clair...... that may be my destination when the cold weather sticks around.

Looks like a nice little haul for a few hours fishing. How deep of water were you fishing? I've been up and fished the docks on an Erie marina once and did not take along the flasher. Did get some action but nothing spectacular. Better make sure i have my flasher charged. :)

quivira kid

Russ, this dock is in 12-20 feet of water. Mainly catching suspended fish while the sun is up.... the flasher is awesome for it. Doug, dock with brush under it. Nothing even CLOSE to ice here yet!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Here is another video for you. This river is a little over an hour drive NE from me. Never tried it and don't know if i could bring myself to walk ON a river, but video like this (and really cold weather) can begin to persuade me. Thoughts of smoked steel dancing on my taste buds. Drool..... If it locks up good this year, may just have to take a couple road trips in different directions.

[video=youtube]

I've had ice on my pond four days in a row now! The edges melt off every afternoon but it sets back up over night. Been thinking of throwing one of my cats (the little SOB that craps in my garden) out onto the center ice to check how thick it is. But that would be more for fun than fishing. :D
Disclaimer: No cats were harmed in the making of this post.

quivira kid

Nice!! We fished the Missouri last year in South Dakota between Chamberlain and Lake Oahe.... first day 6" ice, second day 3", third day wide open couldn't fish it! Current makes me nervous. It was nuts because we were ice fishing safely, but there were boats maybe 200 yards away fishing like it was no big deal!

Back