Alabama Rig Legal In Indiana - For A While

Fatman

Some pro's are gonna be really ticked when tournaments they go to it's illegal to use. Bass Tournament Trail has already canned it.

Shoemoo

Might not be a bad thing. I've heard it's really tough on fish. It can't be good for the fish to be thrashing around with all those extra hooks so close to their eyes and gills.

hunter7711

They work real well on Crappie. Been single polin with a 3 arm rig, and have caught a couple of doubles.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Fatman

The first thing I thought of when I saw Paul Elias fishing it on the FLW was - What the heck is the hook minimum in that state!!!!!!!!

Here in Vermont you can have 2 poles out with 2 hooks per line (and there are a few lakes and ponds with special regs on them where you can only have one line). So the only way for the Alabama Rig to be legal here in Vermont is:
The Alabama Rig does not constitute a "lure" in and of itself, since it is hookless. As such, it can be
construed as nothing more than terminal tackle, such as a wire leader, except with 5 strands of wire instead of one. The Alabama Rig does not become a lure intended to catch fish until hooks are added. As such, the Alabama Rig is legal to use in Vermont provided no more than two lures with hooks intended to catch fish are attached to it.
Additionally, if an angler were to attach hookless attractors to the remaining 3 wire strands, such as rotating blades (i.e. spinnerbait blades), or hookless soft plastic baits, it would also be legal to fish in this manner.

So I'm curious as to what other states rules are on this!!!!!!!

stanger1944

I'll tell you what is radiculous, and I am not going to name this Mann's brand, but the price charged for the system. I saw a package with three or four swimbaits with jigs for $13, the Alabama rig itself was another $25. Never see me fishing that lure at those prices.

Back