A sad farewell to JiggerJohn

SPOONMINNOW

John passed suddenly today. I loved reading his wonderful articles when he wrote for Fishing Facts Magazine. For over a year we've been corresponding and sharing ideas when it came to lure design and innovation. His emails were a pleasure to receive and I'm glad I gave him great pleasure sending him many of the lures I made he wanted to try and then caught fish with. Thankfully he caught so many fish this year, especially catfish, up until recently when the weather was prohibitive.

The man had a way with words like no other and to me, personally inspirational. It's like I've known him all my life and have lost the best fishing buddy and closest friend anyone could have.

Rest in peace John and keep catch'n 'em!

Frank

skeetbum

my condolences to all that we’re close to him. Good men are hard to find and good friends don’t come often. I’ll miss his writing also.

RockGeo

I'm late, but I would like to offer my sympathy and condolences to JiggerJohn's friends and relatives. I have enjoyed his posts and will miss his presence here.

I also have to ask, what was his name that accompanied his articles in Fishing Facts? I liked that magazine a lot and have a bunch of old issues I still read now and then. Thank you!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Pronounced KAIN. He's still with me every fishing trip, speshly when I catch a good one & let him know.

His beloved son and fishing partner Sean had health issues, and followed John into the great wide open shortly after.

SPOONMINNOW

So sad. I wonder how long his son was ill.
I miss our discussions by email and on jigcraft.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Sean survived a bout with cancer years ago but John was not comfortable sharing his son's recent condition.

Sean wasn't an EZ guy to like, and losing a Dad that loved him regardless may have been more than he could handle.

SPOONMINNOW

I'm happy that John had fulfillment discussing his (and my) obsession - fishing, and not only fishing but discovering magic lures that proved themselves capable of catching fish almost like magic.

Back