A Little After Work Action

baitmaster

Mealworm visited Puddingstone Res. last week for an after work lake side drive with his wife. He reported that the lake was so high it covered the parking lot in some area and that lots of trees and brush were in the water. That kind of news warrants a fishing trip (like any news wouldn't). So....we decided to it last night after work. The water had receded a little bit, but was still higher that I have seen in quite a while. We fished a shoreline that had a few trees submerged. The magic spot was 1’ past a tree and a palm that were 3’ apart (should have got a pic of the area). This was an every cast kind of bite, but all the fish were dinks (with one exception). We fished silver and red, copper and yellow, and a blood sucking leech pattern tipped with crawlers, mealworms, or crickets.
The best part of the trip was getting the family out to the water. My 5 month pregnant wife, daughter, Mealworm, and his wife all had a great time. Any trip out with the family is a success.

View attachment 5
Mealworm and the only keepable fish of the day

View attachment 4
Mealworm and his prize (I think that is his conscience over his left shoulder)

View attachment 6
My daughter and our little fish

View attachment 7
My daughter and a 8" Large mouth (I am talking about the fish)

View attachment 8
Father and daughter time.

Attachments

• mealworm 1.JPG
    mealworm 1.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 63
  • mealworm 2.JPG
    mealworm 2.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 62
  • TT3.JPG
    TT3.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 60
  • TT2.JPG
    TT2.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 59
  • TT.JPG
    TT.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 61

BGman

That is really great to take the kids fishing and see them actually catch some fish. Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Back