8# 7oz keeper

Uncle Grump

My youngest son and his wife had a baby girl last night at 11:56pm. 21" long and gobs of dark hair.

Sadly, she is having trouble breathing and is in the ICU (in Virginia - son stationed (Army) out there). Doc's are looking at her heart and lungs....

UG

toadfrog

Know what your going through just had one get out of the hospital after 3 mo. The doctors are way better now with babies than they once were . The little one will be fine. Prayers up and away.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats - have trust, will be all good. My own son went through the breathing touble at birth and could just about ring his neck 7 years later. :p

Will go out and talk to the stars before bed just for her though.

redman

UG Congratulation on the new little one. Thoughts and prayers headed to Great Spirit for her. Hopefully soon she will be with you at home in your arms.

Redman

Uncle Grump

All

1st chance I've had to be on a 'puter since my original post - this is coming at you from my sons house on Ft Story in Va. Lilah had open heart surgery on Friday night - the surgeons started working on her about 7pm and didn't finish until 1am or so on Sat morning. She had to have a artery repaired which runs from her right lung to her heart - it hadn't developed properly while she was "in the hopper" - which was fine while there, but once on her own - became a issue.

She has made remarkable progress - chest drain tubes removed, naval line and arterial catheters, resperator all removed. She was awake yesterday for about 1 hr - the 1st time since 8am on Fri morning, when she was put under so the docs could run the tests which led to the surgery. She isn't out of the woods yet - still has some heavy duty recovery to do - possibly in the ICU for 2 wks minimum, depends on how fast nerves which run along thru that section of the body recover - these control her ability to nurse.

Thanks for all the prayers - much appreciated.

UG

Back