7' Light Spinning Rod

SlabHappy

Figured I would post a few pics of the 7' Light Spinning I have been working on. Used the same thread as my last. Planning on using it for casting roadrunners this spring, and some jigging. The first one, the 9', is one sweet rod. Didn't catch a fish on it the one time out, but it will get plenty of action come spring. Here are a few pics while the epoxy was drying.
DSC03954_zps4345568e.jpg

DSC03955_zps3777369a.jpg

DSC03956_zps75682bb1.jpg

DSC03957_zpse57d4750.jpg

DSC03958_zpsa3b15564.jpg

DSC03960_zpsee75a085.jpg

DSC03961_zps404651e3.jpg

SlabHappy

Kdog said:
Oh Boy! Another addiction a'brewing.

Nice job on the thread wraps, but I think you need more practice, then a diamond pattern, .
This wrap First one shown is really slick http://www.rodbuildingtutorials.com/Crosswrapping Tutorials/CrossWrap B D Ehler.pdf

Thanks for the article, I saved it on my favorites to try. Really did these two just to learn how to do it, and to get a good functional rod. Wasn't trying to get too artistic. You should have seen my first wraps on the 9'! I cut them all off and re-tied. They were pretty bad.

Kdog

SlabHappy said:
Kdog said:
Oh Boy! Another addiction a'brewing.

Nice job on the thread wraps, but I think you need more practice, then a diamond pattern, .
This wrap First one shown is really slick http://www.rodbuildingtutorials.com/Crosswrapping Tutorials/CrossWrap B D Ehler.pdf

Thanks for the article, I saved it on my favorites to try. Really did these two just to learn how to do it, and to get a good functional rod. Wasn't trying to get too artistic. You should have seen my first wraps on the 9'! I cut them all off and re-tied. They were pretty bad.

Takes practice and patience. BTW did I mention Patience!

hookup

Nice job. Did you lay down a base of silver, then tie the guide on top of the silver base with green? Or is the silver trim?

Interesting tutorial - way to much work for my wants, but I love to see the art work some are doing. The American flag section was stellar!

On some of my old rods been practicing halo-wraps. Out of three trys, nailed one really good.

SlabHappy

hookup said:
Nice job. Did you lay down a base of silver, then tie the guide on top of the silver base with green? Or is the silver trim?

No, just used the low temp glue to stick the guide on, wrapped with green. Silver is just trim bands.

Back