5.55lb Redear Sunfish caught

BGman

I just talked to Tom at Angler's Pro Shop in Havasu, Az. and he has confirmed that a 5.55 lb. Redear Sunfish was caught at Lake Havasu Monday April 2, 2011 by Robert Lawler of Havasu while fishing a plastic worm for bass. The fish measured 16.75 inches long and had a girth of 19 inches. The Arizona State Game and Fish Dept measured and confirmed the catch and have determined that it is a Line-Class World Record Redear Sunfish. The shop has the fish and is holding it for a taxidermist. There have been several caught there that top 3 pounds. Anyone want to go to Lake Havasu with me? I better go up from 2 to 4 lb test! Ha ha

toadfrog

Whats the deal. Perch seem to be good sized all over the country . Around here your lucky to get one weighing a lb. or better. I'd just like to see a perch that big . Bet that sucker fought like a Marlin .

SaltyBuckster

That's a giant.I caught a 1.8 lb. bluegill at Saguaro last year and thought that it was a new record,lol.Only off by 3 pounds.Fish get to grow all year round in the desert.

SaltyBuckster

I think that you would get soooo many fishermen to sign up for a bluegill tourney,especially if there was a fish fry afterwards,lol.

Back