4 oz Mean Motor Scooter

toadfrog

View attachment 9OK , Did some changes both in powder technique , hooks and blade. We are now sporting a No. 7 willow leaf and a 10/0 hook with bait keepers on the shank in case you want to run a grub trailer with it. I think the paint job is a little better . Made some templates that are helping . Haven't been able to lay my hands on some really good .050 wire yet so this is .045 . What'ya think . Good or bad be honest or I won't get to where I need to be with these things.

Attachments

• 4 OZ MEAN MOTOR SCOOTER.jpg
    4 OZ MEAN MOTOR SCOOTER.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 81

Jig Man

Love the paint, large enough if they get a glancing blow they will float to the surface.... Wondering about a treble hook instead. JAT

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Paint looks great..... for the blue/white body i might have gone with a silver blade but maybe just me. Green or black body, gold blade. OR, whatever i had available. ;)

A 10/0 hook - what is the overall length on this?

toadfrog

Actually it's a nickle blade . Don't know how it came out looking gold . Salty says single hook on account of critters that have teeth are real hard to get a treble out of and keep your fingers . I'm using a little different technique with the painting sort of a dry brush method after the base coat is put on . I used the Thunder Dome to put the base coat on . One blast inside there and it was done . Now to create away to do scales and stripes that have fine detail . The scales I think I got down . May find out tomorrow . This is the biggest one I can make so far . Hope to get a mold done for 3/8 and up .

JUNGLEJIM1

I like it even though I don't own a rod that can throw it. I'd like to see a Firetiger color with a treble hook. Think a musky or big pike would be interested in that bait.

JSC

A "Streamlined" collection of metal, hair and paint

Looks Good ... Would like to see one that hits it.

toadfrog

I may have a pic for you in the future . Hope to anyway.
I'll do a 2 oz with a treble . If I can find a big enough wide enough hackle I'll do one rooster tail style .

Fatman

I was reading on TU one time and one of the guys was using bicycle spokes for heavy duty, don't know how the heck you'd bend them LOL Your powder painter got me thinking because I have a bunch of Silver Buddy style blade baits that I want to get at least base coated then I'll tap the rest of the paint on. Thought about taking one of my 2" beds and adding another air spout and running the pump to both and have a 3" extender tube head the blade and just put it down inside the extender.

My only concern is that even with both air tubes going it might not shoot the powder high enough to cover the whole blade OR it will work too good and blow powder all over the kitchen LOL

Gonna have to think about this one!!!!!!!

toadfrog

Your going to need a small air compressor . cause you just want one great big puff cloud . I'm telling you for sure if you don't get a good seal on the cap it will be every where . I forgot to set mine at 20 psi . it was still on on 80 psi . Don't want to go into the sad details but it took a half hour to clean an 8 ft area.

Fatman

That's why I want them threaded so I can stick the mesh on them screw them into the base Still got to think some more on it.

Hey Toad - I've seen a few pics of run away powder storms LOL It aint' pretty!!!!LOL Guess I'll be brush tapping them for a while then, can't afford a air compressor right now.

Back