3D EYES

eyecrosser

Can you guys and gals give me ideas as to what tool or tools you use to transfer 3D eyes from the sheet they come on to your jighead. I am all hands when it comes to working with these small objects:)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I hate 3D eyes, stick on eyes or anything i have to glue anymore.......... period! I used to use a pocket knife but have switched to paint

eyecrosser

I've used the blind ones for years Flounder. I'm just trying to get a little more creative with my work. In the past have noticed possible color or eye /no eye variations of jigs increasing my catch rate. For example, Flame red head/black eye at Truman Res. in Mizzou; White head/red eye at Devil's Lake,N.D.; Same combo at Garrison Dam Tailrace. I would not be without these combos at these locations, it's possibly water clarity, forage preference,etc... I have seen these combos outfish other combos 5 and even 10 to 1 at times. Other times it's about what gives each individual confidence in what they are using. We've all gone through new bait syndrome at one time or another. Thanks for all the input.

Back