36 degree bassin!

NorCoMike

Started off this morning fishing a couple little ponds for some crappie. Caught a couple crappie on a 1/64oz black/chart jig under a cork. Started throwing a 1/16oz black with red flash marabou jig and got this guy. Fun way to spend a cold sunday. Its snowing now so im in the house tying the rest of the day.

Attachments

• February bass.jpg
    February bass.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 75

Pup

It's balmy there in Colorado. ;) Nineteen degrees here for a high temperature today. Nice largemouth bass there. :cool:

Hawnjigs

KISS
Exceptional pond bass! How big were the crappie ? Do those pond fish relate to structure, or do you just search cast ?

When I moved here in Oct. was terrified of getting stuck indoors for 3-4 months. Last Friday the entire 3,000 acre Sutherland Res ice cap appeared to have melted & the temp was in the 60s. Probably freeze up again but these midwest winter weather breaks are nice !

NorCoMike

Crappie were between 8 and 12 inches but they were hard to find. That bass was relating to a channel between that sand bank im standing on and the small point behind me. Usually just search casting for fish in the ponds but have caught a number of nice largemouths in this spot over the years.

Lost Pole

8-12" is a good avg on the sacs. Keep em over 10.
Stick with the cork n pop it like your speck trout fishing Ifn you're on the bank.

Nice bass. Grill time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice bass and sounds like a good mid-winter day. Still can't believe you have open water in Nothern Colorado. Never woulda thunk it.

Back