2016 Presidential Primaries

Kdog

I am not trying to start a debate here. I try to keep up as much as possbile with US politics. But my beloved republican party is sure making a mockery of the primaries. 17 candidates and climbing. Trying to make an educated informed decision is gonna be a full time job. Between the sheer number of candidates and our sensationalizing news media, it is going to be very hard to figure anything out.

Maybe this is a coin toss year!

Just my 0.02 cents

Hawnjigs

KISS
Since most are being funded by the same sources talking points may not differ much, but debates & forums bringing candidates together might give some insight into personalities and intelligence.

Nowadays lies by politicians and media are acceptable strategy, so websites like factcheck.org and crooksandliars.com are useful for those actually searching for an honest politician. I know, haha...

Right now major conservative funders and PACs are spreading $ around, but eventually they will focus funding and media coverage on their chosen one. So, Fox will probably decide the next Republican candidate for President.

I try to be CONTINUALLY informed by following track records and on the job speeches, so my choice for the next POTUS has already been made exclusive of the upcoming clown show and drama.

Kdog

I too have made my choice for POTUS but depending on how badly he stomps on his weenie during debates and various events, could change my choice or even worse cause him not to make the ticket.

However, the debates are gonna be useless unless they turn them into 6-8 hour marathons then the talking heads will have analysis for weeks.

I wish, just once, they would wire each candidate up to a polygraph and ask 10 simple concerns of the day questions. Lets see who plays politics and who is not afraid of their own opinion.

hookup

Kdog said:
I wish, just once, they would wire each candidate up to a polygraph and ask 10 simple concerns of the day questions. Lets see who plays politics and who is not afraid of their own opinion.

Come on Dog, you know it don't work this way. The elections are grand standing, back stabbing, and pecker waving. I tend to vote for the person who does the least amount of back stabbing other candidates and campaigns what they are going to do for the country.

I will admit that I'm liking what Trump is saying. Although I do not believe he is POTUS material, the dude has stones - I'll give him that.

Not sure if Hillary can pull out of the mess she's in now. I've noticed she's keeping a low profile. But knowing the Clintons, they always pull a rabbit out of their hat and after swimming in sewage, then to come out smelling like roses.

Jig Man

hookup said:
Kdog said:

Not sure if Hillary can pull out of the mess she's in now. I've noticed she's keeping a low profile. But knowing the Clintons, they always pull a rabbit out of their hat and after swimming in sewage, then to come out smelling like roses.
Sure hope I'm wrong... but, I think they will be moving back to the White house. At least they can bring back the stuff they stole the last time. ;)

hookup

Jig Man said:
Sure hope I'm wrong... but, I think they will be moving back to the White house. At least they can bring back the stuff they stole the last time. ;)

Earlier I would have agree'd 100%. Now with all the dirt, I'm 50%.

But you're probably right, they have a way of deflecting trouble like water off a ducks butt.

BucktailJiger

Don't really matter who wins this Country is to far Gone !
Way I look at it , only thing I and all of us can really do , is pay our taxes and die .

Hawnjigs

KISS
Since practically all the candidates have dirty laundry and spout empty promises, the voter puppet masters will be trolling with emotional hooks. If Ms. Clinton gets the nod, it will be Republican short sightedness that hands it to her. Right now MALE legislators and POTUS candidates are attacking Planned Parenthood which millions of American WOMEN depend on for affordable reproductive choice services. Ms. Clinton is now the champion defending them. How many votes is the sisterhood of females supporting each other worth?

hookup

Hawnjigs said:
How many votes is the sisterhood of females supporting each other worth?

Don't forget, there's a huge group of fundamental christian sisters that do not support planned parenthood - and they vote. And if their husbands want any that night, they vote with them.:cool:

Pup

Been tossing my $0.02 around on another web site. Largely, for Trump fun.

Most of today's problems are way too complex for any one politician to resolve, let alone branches of government that are at odds with one another ideologically. It's a tough time. I don't see it getting any better soon.

I'll never understand why birth control is fought against, when the majority of urban problems stem from those unplanned births to those who are unprepared for parenting and then propped up and supported by taxpayers (government) without much accountability for, ultimately, raising their children responsibly. It makes an inner city teacher's job a nightmare and an unwinnable fight. I come from a family of militarists and educators.

ACAMS

Trump is not a career politician and will get my vote because he tells it like it is, not what you want to hear!

Career politicians need to be shot on sight!!!!!!

H Clinton is a lying no good bitch and will be worse than obongo ..... if that is possible!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Sadly, many of our media outlets we depend on for politics and gov affairs reporting are no longer disseminating fact based information, but slanted nonsense to incite negative emotional response, the result being that anger overcomes rational thought.

We are encouraged to believe "they're all a bunch of crooks" to cop out of participating in our political system. We NEED! career politicians and administrators to represent the will of the majority and keep our infrastructure functioning. As a citizen and voter I am finally exercising my DUTY to research beyond inflammatory drivel and seek TRUTH. While its certainly apparent that many if not most "career politicians" only represent the agenda of their big $ donors at the expense of the rest of us, there ARE some that appear to actually care about prosperity for all, not just the few who can afford to buy government.

For those willing to put in the time and work to seek TRUTH, this site discloses candidates funding sources.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/

hookup

Watched the debates last night

Very entertaining

I would not vote for Trump if he's running as an independent.

Dr Ben Carson came out number 1 in my book in the debates. I'm sure he'll never get nominated but if he does he'll get my vote. 27 doctorates ... yeesh, guy must be mensa

hookup

Trump got his jabs in to the moderators too. He shot a low one at Kelly - who I think is the darling of the universe and if I was 25 years younger and had an 8-figure bank account would be chasing that trim.

Hawnjigs

KISS
ACAMS, not arguing, but which line is that? And what is the truth?

It seems like the other 9 participants were packed in a box, and DT was the only one free to broach subjects avoided by the others.

Wow, Fox was totally in control of the "debate", and quite possibly the results of the Republican primary.

Hawnjigs

KISS
OK, I got it, leave politics out of this forum. Here's a last word.

Trump would also be my choice for the Republican POTUS candidate. The other front runners are lying rich & powerful wannabes sucking up to those who already are. Period. The "I care"-Christian values-patriotism song & dance are BS for the gullible.

Is Trump actually capable of leading us? Maybe. IMO a better choice than SOS Bush or Clinton. Some thoughts from others that ring for me.

"He is someone who dares to speak the truth about those topics that are being avoided by the politicans. He has enough fuck you money to be able to do so."

"I'm seriously thinking about voting for trump, and here is why. I firmly believe that our system of government is deeply flawed, if not completely broken. Yet we still keep voting for the same type of people. If trump wins, there's a good chance the whole thing will collapse from his absurdity. Then maybe we could start over and build something better that works. A vote for trump is a vote for full system breakdown, which I believe is exactly what we need."

Back