2 week notice

hhawkins

I travel about 90 miles round trip a day, back and forth from home to BPS and back. And I have to face it, that vertigo I have isn't getting much better(I've had 4 episodes in the past week) and I need to be closer to home because of it and gas prices. A small factory called Ark-Rod, builds fishing rods from flat graphite sheet to finished product, hired me yesterday. I will be gluing the handles on the rods. And I will be only about 3 1/2 miles from home. I turned my 2 weeks notice in today at BPS. I really expected have to explain why, but nothing was asked or said. I'm an original hire of that store, how easy it is to be not that important. What a shame, oh well. Comes right down to it, I'm just another pee-on.

LedHed

Sponsor
Congrats on the new job Heather. Think you are going to have some awesome rods as well!!! Don't forget you friends....

JUNGLEJIM1

Sounds like a better deal for you. The turnover employee rate for stores like BPS and Cabela's is really high. Every time I go to these stores there are new faces there. Don't feel bad, that's just the way they are. Go build some killer rods. I'd rather do that than work in a retail store.

toadfrog

That,s a pretty good drive and if you are not driving a puddle jumper then the word for it is ouch ! The Gas Pinch . I'd rather be closer to home anytime . You may feel unappreciated there . If you get to feeling that way to much come visit with us we always appreciate you . JC folks seem to kinda stick together .

Jig Man

Loyalty doesn't mean what It used to with a bunch of companies... Congrats with your new job. My round trip a day is 72 miles. I would like to be closer to home myself!!!

JSC

90 miles a day is tough any time much less with the current cost of gas . Glad I am not still on the road ... Guy who took over my territory (several years ago) now is covering 4 or 5 times the territory as there are fewer customers and with the cost of being on the road would be a killer for me ..

Only 3 miles away sure makes a BIG difference in the take home money.

Enjoy the new job .. Hope the Vertigo lets up on you ... have had it to put me down for 6 weeks at the time .. Not fun ....

Fatman

Heather -

First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! on the new job!!! Companies these day just don't give a crap about employees anymore!!! and I work for the Govt and they're just as bad!!!!!!!! It's really ridiculous as far as your situation because you know tackle, how to work with it tying and painting. That knowlege in a place like BPS should have had them asking you why!!!!

I know exactly how you feel with the long drive!!!!! I do 110 round trip every day - and in the winter with storms, I'm really tired of it but I dont' have too much longer to go for Retirement!!!!!!!!

If ya got the extra cash make full use of your employee discount before you leave LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

redman

Congratulates on the new job. Did 80 miles round trip for five years. Burned thur a lot of gas. Know that the take home pay will be will be better with gas what it is. And you have more time to spend for yourself not having all that drive time.

Redman

Back