+++ 2-27-16 TYE-IN +++

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Has been lots of talk about running another tie-&-post type thread.  Not a whole lot of advance notice, but lets give it a shot for Saturday night, 2/27..  I have nothing better to do Saturday night.  :D

Jig Man

Going fishing Saturday, but will try to jump in later... It is a 35 mile drive one way to the nearest boat ramp for me!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I should be around all evening on Saturday. Heck, all day too, but am sure i will be getting my honey-do schedule at some point.

Good luck Mel, maybe you will be able to come back with the winning color combo for the day!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
AtticaFish said:
..............will be getting my honey-do schedule at some point.................

Wow, speak of the devil and she shall appear!  :p  Just got a text message that i am going shopping for a new upright freezer to go in the basement.  Guess i do have something to do during the day on Saturday.  I will be tying either way in the evening, have to get my swap jigs finished up.

AllenOK

Count me in!!! I'll have to paint some heads. I don't have many colors, but I should be able to do something...... I've got loads of chenille and all sorts of tailing materials.

AF, chest-style deep-freezers are more efficient..... I need to get one of those myself.

AllenOK

HMK, I'm not sure. I was thinking it was going to be 7 pm EST, but it might be later than that, so Fin and Fur can participate without messing his schedule up to much.

I don't have to work tomorrow. If it ends up being a late one, I'll start drinking coffee :) Really ought to throw a little Kahlua or Bailey's into the coffee; that'll keep me awake while loosen the inhibitions and let the creative juices flow....

AllenOK

I find myself watching A LOT of youtube lately. Fly patterns, fishing various rivers in my area, kayaking various rivers in my area, and an old hobby of mine, using a metal detector....

HairyMooseKnuckles

I watch Ben Tedrick (Fish Tales) quite a bit. He is one heck of a fisherman and fly Tyer. I watch Fly Fish Food too, plus a bunch of other folks

HairyMooseKnuckles

I never done one either. I haven't tied since before Christmas. I've been having eye trouble so it may be interesting to see how they do.

AllenOK

If I remember right, someone decides a color combo. Isn't it Head/Body/Tail? Hypothetically, if someone called Chart/Red/White, it would mean a chartreuse head, red body, and white tail? And the materials used to tie that could be "whatever fits" as long as it's the color called for?

HairyMooseKnuckles

I don't have many head colors. I've got white, copper and deep red, but I'll try to hang with you guys. I  just may have to do plan heads.

Back