10' Telescopic Jiggin pole

AndyLane

Any of y'all familiar with a pole like this. I don't know much about em. The line runs through the middle of the pole. Found it at a flea market for a couple bucks. Nice addition to my Vintage/antique collection.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 54

Pup

That rod's in very good to excellent condition from what little I see. :cool:

Post your pics over at Joe's Old Lures if you are interested in its value or will be selling. If it's collectible, you'll get quite a few emails. I know I have on a few of my finds.

Check this out. You might be able to sell it for a nice profit (and then buy more jig tying stuff)...

This one SOLD for a nice amount

Compare your rod's condition to the one in the link and evaluate for a value if interested...

Fatman

Nice old rod!!!!!!! My Uncle had a few of those when we were kids, after he passed away I was supposed to get first pic of the fishing stuff as I spent most of my time fishing with him, but his step kids got in the shed and went through everything and it was gone by the time I got there.

JSC

At one timie .. I think it was in the70's - 80's a lot of line thru the rod were sold ... you could buy the pole & reel seperatly as well .. also a special tip that was an insert into the end of the pole ... the one in the pic above was a little more expensive because of the cork handle.
I have sold them but did not use them and did not have a sample left over from those days.

Pepop

Like Jig Man, I had one just like it when I was a teenager. It was quite handy when I was wading the flood pools of Alibates at the lower end of Lake Meredith.

StumpHunter

I had a few of them also. Great little rod & reel and was easy to tie to my bike for the ride to the fishing hole. That one looks to be in great shape.

Back