1/8 oz Spinner Baits

JSC

I have had one of those years where the Warmouth have been eatin up a 1/4 oz spinner bait . so not having a 1/8 oz mold I got one and have made up a "Batch" ... I especially wanted it for some shallow water around the mouth of the river .. I think it came out real well and so have a few fish .. Bass, Warmouth and Mudfish .. The wire is extra light .028 ... with the Indiana Blade and 1/0 hook rounds it our ... I have a few extra..... Main ones I have been making are 1/4 & 3/8 with a few 1/2 oz ... Not much of a Hair or feather tier bet it would come out good.

JSC
:jig:

Attachments

• 18ozSpBait.jpg
    18ozSpBait.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 89

skeetbum

Those are some good looking spinnerbaits. The red and white looks especially good.All white with a few strands of blue and 1 or 2 strands of chart is hot around here for me. Nice work.

JSC

Thanx Guys .... My Favorite color is the bottom right .. the skirt is clear with a silver green sheen ... does not show up in the pix .. I vary the color of the trailer to make a contrast .. does it help ?? .... can't prove it but I think so.

JSC

toadfrog

I know those spinners well. Made them for years. They will get the crappie. especially clear water crappie. When I was still in business 15 or so years ago, I made a buzz bait to go with the spinners. Sold one of ea. as a set. Called them baby buzz and lil'sister . people still come by the house for me to make a few.

Pup

Those are nice JSC. I've never thought much about Indiana blades with anything other than in-line spinners. :cool:

JSC

Pup said:
Those are nice JSC. I've never thought much about Indiana blades with anything other than in-line spinners. :cool:

I have used the Indiana blades for years as my go to blade, there are times the Colorado is better when you need the extra "calling" ..
but for everyday fishing I have found it to be the best I rarely use a willow leaf.

Thanx
JSC
:) :bigfish:

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice spinnerbaits,I prefer the 1/8 to the other larger sizes and like the Indiana blades more than Colorados. I have a 1/8 spinnerbait that I modified by repainting,added 3-d eyes and a custom skirt that I've been fishing this year and have caught over 50 bass with it,including a couple pushing 5 lbs. Paint is gone on the belly but the eyes are still on. I think a bunny rabbit tied skirt would be killer with those.

LedHed

Sponsor
Excellent bait JSC - look like real fish snatchers...

Been using a lot of willow leaf on the UL belly spinners - some Colorado and Indiana. Still not sure which is best.....

JSC

"Been using a lot of willow leaf on the UL belly spinners - some Colorado and Indiana. Still not sure which is best..... "

Thanx LH

On the belly spinner the Willow leaf .. Ripple Blade ... or Ind. blade should be the better ones as they "torque" less than the Colorado .... in the order of Willow, Ripple, Ind. Less "Torque" on the "Belly Spins" will keep down bait "Spins" on faster retrives.

Have a good one.

JSC

Back