1/64 oz. Hardbodies

SaltyBuckster

I started tying these and did'nt like the chenille or the chartruese kip tail.Sooo,I went with a white kiptail 1/2 without flash and 1/2 with 1 strand of black sapphire flash.All are 1/64 oz. with a size 8 gold sickle.
DSC09829.jpg

smalljaw

Those are awesome!! I think the flash is fantastic and I like those better with it but it may just be the look of that black sapphire flash, I have to get some of that!! Nice jigs.

SaltyBuckster

Thanks guys.These were speed jigs,lol.It took just 1.5 minutes a piece to make them.Gulp makes a little thing that looks exactly like these jigs.My buddy was tearing them up with it last time out.Hopefully it was the colors that attracted them big gills and that 17" smallmouth bass and not the smell.We will see tomorrow.

Fatman

Nice Salty!!! Are you using collared jig heads on those??? or using something built up under the thread??? Meant to ask that when I first saw these posted and never did.

SaltyBuckster

Fatman said:
Nice Salty!!! Are you using collared jig heads on those??? or using something built up under the thread??? Meant to ask that when I first saw these posted and never did.
No build up at all,just kip and thread.Does'nt take that much with the kip underneath.

toadfrog

There is a lake here called Hudson . Crappie there absolutely love that kind of jig with a round head or a minnow head . Minnow heads do the best . I'd think you will do well about anywhere with them.

Back