1/16oz - skinny rabbit/duck

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Found some new heads to mess around with other day. Were listed on pckg as a 1/16 insert head, but.... not sure what these would be inserted into and they sure feel alot lighter than 1/16. :rolleyes: I clipped the lead barbs also. They are very skinny and should make a good shad or gill mimic in the right colors....

View attachment 6
View attachment 7

- metalic silver thread
- natural zonker for tail
- white zonker for belly (only on the shank)
- mallard flank for back
- 4 silver & 2 red flashabou

Attachments

• 101_1073_e.jpg
    101_1073_e.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 101_1069_e.jpg
    101_1069_e.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 148

JUNGLEJIM1

I think it would make a great looking shad jig.I saw heads like that at WALLYWORLD awhile back.That head would be great for 3-D eyes.Nice blend of materials.That probably took a little while to put it together.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all!

Junglejim, you are correct a wallymart special, but just makes me wonder if they were tagged incorrectly. Actually didn't take all that long, the mallard took the most because i stripped small bunches and tied them in seperatley running up the hook. The zonkers i have a system for now, but still over work the duck i think.....

OKSTATEjiggy

For some reason, I can't see the photo on this thread an a few other threads. Anybody else having this problem? :huh:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
OSJ - Thanks for the compliment - Guests can not see photos that are added as attachments, can only see them if you are logged in. Anyone can see the ones that are linked to pics that are online; like from photobucket or other websites. Wasn't sure i liked this when first started the forum, almost changed it, but now kinda like the fact that if you want to see ALL the pics on JC...... you just have to be a member. ;)

DC - I think i posted before some where, showing how i tie in the belly strip. Will see if i can find the photos tonight and post them here......

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Doc Crappie said:
AF
are you just attaching the zonker strips at the top and bottom end

Here you go, this one was tied on the top but pretty much same idea.

Trim some hair off the end of the strip, i also cut it to a point, just makes it easier to tie it on without spinning IMO.
101_0968_e.jpg

Tie in the skin, just make sure the hair will be laying the right way when you pull it to the head. You can add a drop of glue here if you want.
101_0961_e.jpg

101_0965_e.jpg

I let it hang out the back till i am ready to finish the tie. When ready, pull the whole strip to the front. Keep it pulled tight and lock it down with a few wraps. Trim off the excess right at the head and finish.
101_0966_e.jpg

Hope this is what you were asking about....

Back