Tutorial video--Palmered Squirrel Tail Jig

CrappieHappy

Very nice tutorial Ronnie!! Thanks for taking the time to make it! I am going to have to get some dubbing and try one in the near future...

Radtexan

Awesome job Ronnie !!! As good of tutorial as Ive seen...Dubbing really seams to be making a comeback,and not alot of the newer folks know much about it...thanks for the video...You need to get that one on youtube...

ScottV

Bravo! That was great Ronnie! I'm heading to the tying room and get to practicing now. I've never used the dubbing but I will now. Thanks for sharing your technique.

StumpHunter

Thanks guys, I'm glad y'all have enjoyed it.
Rad, I have never loaded a video to youtube but I am a member. Will try to load it but may need your help.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Awsome! :icon14:

You guys are going to force me to figure out how to put videos up on the main pages of the site - tried it once awhile ago and got frustrated. This is the 2nd one now that i would like to put up there.... need to do some learning.

Fatman

Thanks for the video Tim LOL I know you understand!!! Dubbing and making mix's of different materials is actually alot of fun!!!! Here's my little copy of Tims tie

100_1716.jpg

Thanks Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost Pole

GREAT video, Ronnie! Dunno if I can pull it off, but Answered a lot of questions I was too weary to ask. That's a really great looking jig and I will refer to the video again. Never used dubbing and not sure I ever will but it looks like fun and I will DEFINITELY try the collar, if even with chenille, b/c I'm thinking it for sure has to give a wounded presentation on the fall with smaller jigs. Thanks so much for posting it. Hope you do more in the future

Adam

also, thx, you've just cost me money! that fancy shmancy vise just changed my mind, I gots to have something that turns like that. Also looks like you can tie on the under side w/o repositioning for the jaws!
Anybody wanna buy some records?

StumpHunter

Thanks Adam, I do hope to make some more video's. I enjoy sharing our art of tying with everyone. :)
Now about the vice,,,once you tye on a rotating vice it would be hard to go back at lease it would for me. I like how you can work all around the jig and take a look on the bottom side to see how it's looking. With some of the fly's it makes it easier to tye. My vice is the Anvil Atlas and I love it but I think I would be just as happy with the Peak. I have seen some good prices on ebay lately in a few of the stores. Seen the Atlas for 123.00 this week, that's a good price. I started on a Terra Rotary Vice for around 45.00 and I still have it in my camper.

Back