these are 3/32 #4 red sickles
sicklejigs5011-1.jpg
sicklejigs5008-1.jpg
sicklejigs5006-1.jpg
sicklejigs5004-1.jpg
sicklejigs5001-1.jpg
sicklejigs5015.jpg

toadfrog

I really like those molds . Your doing a good job on those ties . I like those heads tied with marabou for striper fishing 1/2 0z and up with seagaurd hooks. When and if I get to go fishing these days they were very productive . Bet a nickle you slay some slabs.

ScottV

Those look great MCC. I like those heads a lot. I've been getting them from TNT for a while. Send me one in the TFF swap. "Jig This" Lol

redman

MCC am very new to the forum but not to jig tying. I am one of the old hands at jigs for walleyes. Those look good but there are still better patterns out there for the Wiley walleye. Any body that thinks that they can catch a walleye any time they want are badly mistaken. Crappie are finicky but walleye are even more so. Every thing has to be right for a walleye to hit a jig.

In the coming weeks I will add a few pictures of some of the most famous of the Walleye jig of the upper mid-west. Jigs that would have been used on Leech Lake, Lake Okoboji, Oahe, and others. Didn't know that this is wide open territory for every type of jig. I am liking this.

Redman

MCC

the walleye is refering to tge jigheads....these are not for walleye. I fish for walleye quite a bit, and I agree, they are hard to catch.

Back