Adding 3-D Eyes

Len

Trying to find a way of making a flat spot on a round head to except 3-D eyes. Anyone have suggestions? I tried a couple but it turns round head into Pill Head!!!

Fishing2010046.jpg

ScottV

I use a pair of pliers with a smooth surface in the jaws. It does flatten the sides a little but that's what you need if you use 3D eyes.

JUNGLEJIM1

I do the same thing,but there's nothing wrong with pillheads. I like them so much that I had a couple pillhead molds made with a recessed eye to accept and hold 3-D eyes better.

ScottV

Those are some good looking heads LedHed. Y'all are going to make me get into lead pouring. I can see that right now.

LedHed

Sponsor
SV
CAT can really help you out with custom molds - if you decide to go down that road...
His mold modifications aren't that expensive.

JJ1
Yeah it does lighten it up a tad

StumpHunter

ScottV said:
Those are some good looking heads LedHed. Y'all are going to make me get into lead pouring. I can see that right now.

Been thinking the same thing :D Not sure if I have enough room for all the new things I'm getting into!!!!

ScottV

If I go to buying more stuff right now, I'll be living in the camper (doghouse). LOL Soon as things allow, I'm gonna give CAT a call though. Thanks LedHed.

LedHed

Sponsor
SH & SV
It gets worse - wait til you see what comes out next...

Len
Those are excellent tyes - hope you don't mind if they get bootlegged. Hook size/wt.?

Len

LedHed said:
SH & SV
It gets worse - wait til you see what comes out next...

Len
Those are excellent tyes - hope you don't mind if they get bootlegged. Hook size/wt.?

1/16 #4 hook

crappiecripplerjigs

Did Doc say Doghouse, or Dollhouse?? I really like the modified mold. Attempted to do one of my own but failed horribly. Love Jims Pillheads too. I have a pair of modified smooth jaw vise grips to make a flat spot for adding the eyes. I pinch them pretty hard. Like the results so far. Eyes will stay put after a good coat of SHNP.

SaltyBuckster

On my big roundheads,I flatten the sides off with a file.If you hold the file straight it will make a perfect circle as big as you want.I usually will put a 5/32 eye on a 1 oz. roundhead.Once you file them,when you powder paint it the head looks very cool.I have'nt done any roundheads lately,but I'll do one and show you how it looks.

Back