AndyLane

1/124 pill heads, #10 hooks, 3mm gold eyes

View attachment 2

Tail: Here is a pic of feathers used

View attachment 3

Collar:

View attachment 4

Body: Mix of Wapsi Brown Rabbit Dubbing and Wapsi Olive SowBug/Scud Dubbing

Side Note: The 3mm eyes are dang near too big for these tiny heads.

Side Note #2: Fat Fingers and Tired eyes sure add to the challenge of tying the smaller stuff. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 114

plateboater

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you delivering that package. Single pole? Bobber? When are you using?

DrCrappie

VERY NICE!!! I LOVE micro jigs! The heaviest I typically use is 1/32 oz...I pour 1/80th oz, 1/64th oz and 1/32oz...I'd LOVE to get ahold of a mold for 1/124th oz. I have a friend that works in a machine shop and he's going to help me design, then CNC cut a tiny jighead mold like that!

AndyLane

Thanks everyone! I tied these for my dad with catching trout in mind. I have never fished or tied anything smaller than 1/64 before. I normally drift fish small jigs like these under a small float or put them on a small v-spin frame when I fish at the trout park. I really like these lil heads. Want to get more of them. Need to find larger quantitys. My local flyshop only sells them in packages of twelve for like 2.50 a pop. The pill heads they have come tinted green. Almost looks like they are dipped in transparent pp but not sure. I need to ask her next time I get some.

JUNGLEJIM1

Andy, which trout park are you talking about ?? I fish Montauk and Maramac Spring in Missouri. Plan on hitting THE Maramac this week coming up. Nice looking ties, should work at the parks.

jig-guy

Those jigs are cool, neat and fish catchers for sure. Some day I will learn how to do those small jigs. I love your jigs,

AndyLane

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Andy, which trout park are you talking about ?? I fish Montauk and Maramac Spring in Missouri. Plan on hitting THE Maramac this week coming up. Nice looking ties, should work at the parks.

I grew up fishing at Bennett Spring. I have fished Montauk a couple times but I dont recall ever fishing at Maramac. Its sad but I haven't been trout fishing in several years. My mom and dad and all of us kids and our families are going to spend a week at Bennett in early October.

Back