WOW I want these BUT

papaperch

Was going thru Cabelas bargain cave and found these. Lunkerhunt Bento minnow. At 7.99 per pk of 6 I refrained from ordering. Further research revealed an almost twin product and in smaller sizes. It is named the Berkley drop shot minnow. Only trouble it is available to the " European Market " and not commonly available here in the states.

Chaps my behind a bit why they make such a good looking bait and then only market it overseas. The " drop shot " minnow they produce for over here pales in comparison.:huh:

Guess Berkley feels Americans aren't as discriminating . Maybe they ought to take a gander at some of the jigs tied here.

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been looking for a life like bait with this profile to use in my resin molds. That bait would work if it isn't too long. Ronnie has been making some similar baits and could probably make something very close to that.

hookup

I pay big bucks for Keitech's swimbaits - but they work on my waters.

With the amount of money I pay to fish; gas, custom rods, top end reels, hotels, out-of-state licences, shuttle services, etc; $1.50 a bait's cheap.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Papa those are foil baits. Lot of work in the bait pictured which is reason for the price! Also appears to be some printing on the bait before the final dip also. I haven't tried the foil technique yet but it's on my To Do list real soon! Suppose to be a rainy weekend so who knows I might give it a whirl.

papaperch

Ron Don : Yeah I read a little on how they made them. The deal with Berkley is what I really can't understand though. Why limit your market ? Why they picked to sell them only in Europe ? The good Lord knows us Americans fishermen will empty our wallets on something we have a vague hunch on.

If you do make some try a 2 inch size first HINT . HINT. You would have me as a customer for sure.

PEP TALK : Hard challenges always give the most satisfaction. Easy ones are just time killers.

plateboater

Ron Don....

I am listening to Paperperch......a 2" inch would be fantastic. HINT HINT!

Back