Why Does

Radtexan

The mighty Crappie have to share a board with the perch ??? Instead of the bg, redear,sunfish boards ??? just a thought :p

Jig Man

I'm not touchin this un... I'd be the first on the wall of shame. But the sac should have its own board

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Are all the perch reports getting in the way? ha!

Perch fishing and bluegill fishing is night and day for me.

They are related to the walleye (without looking it up, i am pretty sure) but i guess i grouped things by fishing methods rather than type.

Grouped them together because of the way i fish for them i guess......... majority of the year (spring aside) only place i can find crappie is suspended just off the bottom in the deeper water of the lakes i fish. Slip floats set 15'-25' deep during warm months finds them. Catch a mix of crappie and perch when fishing this way. Drop it down a few more feet so it is just inches off the bottom and the crappie ignore it but the perch bite is sometimes better.

Radtexan

I see...Wasnt thinking about ya'lls yellow perch.

Down here were not real learn'ed, and perch is kinda of a catch all for the sunfish family..A BG,shell cracker,red ear,sunfish could all legitimately be called a perch...

But still think crappie "could" ( should) have its own spot ;)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If i put perch in their own category, they'd get lonely..... :( Besides, would have to go through and dig out all the perch posts - all three of them. I hear ya, i hear ya..... just might have to split them. :dodgy:

Actually have both yellow perch and white perch up here, but the whites are considered trash fish by many.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Well in North LA a crappie is called a White Perch. And if u don't say white perch u better say Sac-a-lait! I get the stink eye when I slip up and say crappie.

Jig Man

According to Hawn they are good bait, and they are, but you can only use perch here... or sunfish or redear, or blue gill.... or the other multitued of species. Well you can but you have to catch them and use them in private waters, it gets complicatd. It really doesn't matter to me Russ, as long as ya get our cloths on the way.... :D You see Roger, ya drug me in to it!

hookup

Both crappie & perch are bonus fish for me because I'm more of a river smallie type.

Back