Whip Tail - Bou Body

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got the idea to try this from a jig i tied way to much bou in the tail - it moved but had really slow action to it. So my thought was to have a body that moved a little and a tail that moved alot. Have tried them in my pond and they look really good but have not given them a good test run yet...

101_1262_e.jpg

All are 1/16 oz.

Black/Chart: Black zonker tail - Chart marabou body - Fire orange flash

Gray/White: White hackle tail - Dun marabou body with black marabou strip on top - Red & pearl flash - Black thread sealed with silver glitter nail polish

Red/White: White hackle tail - White marabou body - Red flash - Red thread sealed with silver glitter nail polish

crappiecripplerjigs

Attica these look like winners to me. I would think the action of these would be perfect with the bou near the neck. The color combos are excellent too. Can't wait to see what you catch with these! Nice work! Where do you find silver glitter nail polish? Did you add the glitter to clear? I found a package of 6 vials of extra fine glitter at the large 24 hour retail store in our town. Goes by the name of Wal-Mart! About $3 and had green, gold, white, red, silver, and blue. Ben adding it to powder paint but never thought about adding it to clear NP.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The NP has the glitter already mixed and i believe i got that at wally's world of bargins as well. There are so many colors to choose from even with the glitter. Some of the colors DO NOT look like they do in the bottle, just open it up and paint the little trays that hold the polish to see what they look like... all the women seem to use this method. :D All my painted heads are with NP unless i got them in a trade... usually i base coat with a (or several) color, then top with a glitter color. The top jighead has a holographic glitter on it.

ScottV

Wow, Those look great! I know the char./black would be killer around here. I've never fooled with zonkers yet but y'all are going to make me buy some. I tried some "glitter glue" that I bought at the world famous Wal-Mart and waisted my money. It looks good in the bottles but does not dry smoothe. Took 3 coats of clear polish to give them a decent look. It's funny, before this addiction I used to sit in the car and wait on my wife at places like Hobby Lobby, now she waits on me. LOL Great job on the jigs AtticaFish. Make good swap jigs, hint-hint!
Scott

StumpHunter

I like those a lot. I would like to see them in the water, bet they have good action. I got some silver NP at a Dollar Store and it works like a clear glitter over other colors. It was $2 for the jar, wounder why it's called a Dollar store???

Pup

Excellent-looking ties. :cool: I'll bet they'll have a nice action, even with steady retrieves. I like the colors too.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, these things have some very cool action. Much different from a chenille body... closer to a palmered zonker body where the whole body breathes when it come to a stop and the tail twitches with the slightest movement.

RD - Believe it was "Mudpuddle" :D That one was planned for after daylight hours. Got a chance to try it out tonight, and did get me 1 crappie - 10.5". Unfortunatley that was the only one of the night. I also threw the white/red one for awhile with no takers. Had some flooding rains here earlier today and still under flood watch so not the best conditions. :-/

Back