hookup

When the water's wet.

Buddy wanted some jigs that catch fish so I made him these

asfbmlc.jpg

He's not a huge jig fisherman but we both got lucky with them on January 2nd

uZRHIbF.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
Woohoo, open water smallie bite in Winter. Walking your talk after posting your preferred colors for F&F.

Nifty snag guard on your jigs, did you custom design them?

As for when I fish a jig? 100% of my water time for all species of predators year round. Catfish here don't bite in cold water, but can still snag a few haha.

Last edited:

hookup

Nifty snag guard on your jigs, did you custom design them?

Cut a small slot in the DoIt mold with a Dremel bit and use leader wire. Cut each piece of leader wire into 1 3/4", Put a small twist in one end for purchase in the lead. Then bend to shape.

They work about 70 percent of the time in the rocky ledgy water I fish. Discovered if I downsize the weight (SLIDER technique) then they snag less.

After being impaled by the wire one to many times, at the very end of the wire by the hook, I put a small bend in and clip it short

Do the same with tube jigs

Hawnjigs

KISS
Whatever works keeps it fresh. On a very rare hectic bite my catch tops out at 20 or so, dunno if its the limited resource or just me.

hookup

Thursday was on fire ... stopped taking pix at 1200 and kept fishing until 1700
Everything on something I poured

EDWa12f.jpg

What amazed me is how wide these fish were. Second pix shows me holding a fish and you can only see my fingertips and arm past the wrist.

EfLVkZN.jpg
jEVUMdX.jpg
MOYrp8f.jpg
VRoeDys.jpg

hookup

If you'd care to share, what were they biting?

Swimbaits on a 1/8 oz round ball jig head I poured. They wouldn't touch my silicon/bucktail jigs or a tube.

Were you casting towards the bank?

They were either feeding from the bank or mid-river eddies/. They were definitely chasing baits.

hookup

I wouldn't eat anything out of my local waters - to polluted and full of nitrates

Back