wet a line

hookup

Dad had a stroke, so I'm back in CA. He lives in a community that had a bunch of golf course lakes, but only a part of one allows fishing.

I was talking to a Grandfather with his son and they were trying to fish rigs that had eight different knots, and swivels and sinkers and God knows what else. Grand father says that hotdogs were the killer bait. They were getting bit but nothing else. So since the Grandfather was more interested in his cell & cigar, I asked if I could try. I striped everything except for a hook, put on a piece of hot dog & got bit instantly. Nice size gill too! Repeated the process, and set the hook, then hand the rod to the kid, and said try this rod. As soon as the slack was reeled out, he realized he had a fish. We did this for about 1/2 dozen gills.

Kinda fun, and nice to feel a tug on the line. And all the 'gills were pretty decent sized too.

So, doesn't anyone tie a hotdog jig?

dbeam

I hope your Dad is recovering well

Great job with the kid, you never know what kids will grab onto and carry for the rest of their lives. Your truly paying it forward.

Darrell

hookup

Led - would luv to but there's so much to do. His paperwork & meds have taken me the whole time I'm here to figure out. Still working with banks. Next step is to pack to move him back east to asst living. Then shut down the house because we're keeping it.

I'll be back though, probably to sell the house - but don't tell my Dad that lol

LedHed

Sponsor
Yeah - gotta focus on the family first, sorry your out here under those circumstances. If you need anything - give a shout.

hookup

LedHed said:
Yeah - gotta focus on the family first, sorry your out here under those circumstances. If you need anything - give a shout.

Thx

Back