Webroot Filtering

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wondering if anyone else is having issues with the filter extensions through Chrome used by their anti-virus software when they are browsing the JigCraft forum? We use WebRoot software here at work along with Chrome as the browser. There are many times throughout the day where my browser runs super slow after clicking links in the forum. The status bar says: "waiting for extensions, Webroot Filtering Extensions......" and takes up to a minute before it allows the link to come up at times. This has been going on for about a week now.

I don't have the problem at all when i am at home, but i do not use Webroot on those systems. I do use Chrome there though. Could just possibly be my system and router here at work that is causing the issue, but want to make sure others are not having this same problem.

Radtexan

Its seems to be running pretty slow for me today Russ...Firefox..but im not getting any warnings.

CrappieHappy

Chrome has been sucking a lot lately, even if you disable the add-ins. I am using IE again because Chrome has been flaky, locking my pc, consuming Memory (memory Leaks), etc.

Radtexan

Oh sure as soon as I said its only been slow,,,Ive had this for the last hour..
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Jig Man

Radtexan said:
The connection was reset

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Yep, was fine at work but now.... :(

Pup

Radtexan said:
The connection was reset

Same symptoms as RT. Page loads have been slow for many links and my Firefox browser is performing connection resets.

JSC

S L O W !!
Not available page (refresh & came up ok)
Click and Click and wait ----
Using IE

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very slow yet for me as well. I checked the System Status and doesn't show any open problems so zipped off an email to them. Will see what happens.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Have to apologize, it is still running extremely slow and throwing connection errors at times. Is driving me crazy and i can't seem to find anything actually wrong. Still no response from the web host either. Grrrr........ I will get it running smooth as soon as i can.

Kdog

Russ,
I think its a Google issue. Something has changed and now when I open google my CPU useage goes thru the roof. I did check my settings and found two items checked that I would never have checked, Under People Enable Guest Browsing and Let anyone add a person to chrome were both checked. After unchecking, my CPU useage dropped below 30 which is where it should be unless I start doing a bunch of number crunching or manipulating 3d images in CAD. May be worth investigating

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
It has been on/off for me. It works with out a problem for an hour and then starts moving slow again. Something was changed in the server and i can't seem to pin it down yet....

Hawnjigs

KISS
Probably not JigCraft related, but Avast! keeps posting blocked malware notices related to Chrome exe. Thanks for the headsup on settings Kdog.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I believe this issue was finally resolved over the weekend. After 2 email complaints from me to the host (and i would imagine others had the same issue) someone must have given the server a good swift kick. Everything seems to be back running smoothly for the most part.

It did not have anything to do with Webroot, that is actually a separate issue i am having with the network here at work.

Back