Wally Marshall combos

moswampy

was strolling through the local BPS the other day and ran across a sale on WM combos. 11fters I believe with the micro baitcasting reel on them. thought about them as backup long poles or to use to push jigs or long line drift. Worse case scenario the reels burn out in a year and I have to slap a shimano spinner on it or a zebco omega. Think they can hold up for that price or just save my $$$ to purchase a couple BnM's and some second shelf shimano's.

Jig Man

Nine footers are the longest I have fished with. And they are on the long side for me....

hunter7711

I fish the B&M Sam Heatons in both the 11 and 12 footers. Never fished the Marshal rods. I use a simple reel that a old pro in MS sells. About $7.00 a reel. Cheap but does it's job of holdin the line. I have a couple of the small Marshal reel I'll give you. I hate them. If you single pole or use 2 at a time, save for a couple of Sam Heatons. I actually have a couple of extra you can try until crankin season rolls around.

moswampy

might have to try one of the Heaton's I have a BnM in 12ft and a Quantum 11ft. Used both of them a lot last year with good results in the trees. Thought with a rig on the front I could get the little ones on fish easier than dipping trees.

oldfox

Hard to beat the Sam Heatons for sensitivity. Mine are the 10' for tightlining and a 7' for casting a slip bobber...

Back