vise vice 003b.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 111
  • vise vice 003c.jpg
    vise vice 003c.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 109

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of variety there. Think i might see the cheap junk thing i sent you a long time back... smallest one up there. Crazy to think that i learned on that and tied for several years with it.

AndyLane

WOW Now That Right There Is One Impressive Collection!!! You were already ranking up there pretty high in the "Big Book Of Awesome" but you just earned Several more "Cool" points. :p:icon14:

Pup

A great collection LedHed. :cool:

I think I'd like to own a vintage Thomas or its modern successor, the Xuron, some day. I really like that style of vise. Noticed what looks like several of them displayed in your third photo down.

Lost Pole

Geezums Sonny. You need an escape.
Sell a few and take a trip this way.

I'm envious is all.
Nice pics

If I find any, they're yours........
For a fish taco recipe.

toadfrog

The funniest thing about those vises is is I'm still tying on those old Herters lever action vises . Got a new one in the box I bought extra in case I needed it . Guess the grand kids will use it after this one wears out . Got a new 20 lb ladle pour hot pot too . The one I'm using now hasn't quit me yet .
Looking at all those old vises has got me slobbering like a dog looking at a bowl of fried chicken . That is just plain mean sonny .

LedHed

Sponsor
thnx again guys - enjoy sharing the pics.

Pup Xuron is a great choice - ran across another newer vise that is made almost like the Xuron. I'll try to find a pic.

tf - Herter's and Thompson (American made) are still very functional. I don't understand why they aren't used more for entry level tying. The simplicity of the lever operated vise is way over looked.... It's not the latest and greatest but it still holds a hook.

Back