Vinyl or powder coat?

Vinyl or Powdercoat?

• Vinyl paint

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Powdercoat paint

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Mack

What do you ladies and gentlemen prefer, vinyl paint or powder coat? Because I'm planning on starting a business. I was wondering what is best for painting jigs in bulk and the pros and cons of your opinion on this matter? And please answer the poll at the top of my thread. It would be greatly appreciated.

:jig: -Mack

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience.... cured paint is much more durable. Vinyl that is coated in a heavy duty poly urethane (sp?) or epoxy holds up similar but the topcoat is an extra step in the process. my 2 pennies.

upnort16

I like the powder paint for it's color choices, ease of applying multiple colors, speed of applying and once cured, nearly indestructable. Vinyl takes longer to set up for double dipping, has some pretty strong smells and the colors are limited, not to mention the glitter factor, topcoats and all around extra work.

LedHed

Sponsor
Powder paint best option - might have to use the clear vinyl for jigs that you use with plastic baits.

toadfrog

Vinyl, will react with plastic . Plastic will cause vinyl to peel off the head unless you epoxy it. I sold several hundred jigs once and had to go pick them up because of that .

Back