Vintage John Fujita Lures

[email protected]

I just purchased a box of 9 Vintage Original John Fujita Lures for Black Bass. they are in the original box marked air mail with an explanation sheet inside. One has been opened but the other eight are in their original packages. I wonder if anyone can help me determine the market for these. It appears they are very rare and very sought after.

LedHed

Sponsor
Welcome to Jigcraft.

Hard to determine the real value for the lures - some do come up on ebay.... A picture would be real nice. I think they have been revived and the family is making & marketing them.

papaperch

Last time I talked to a Fujita family member they had no plans on reviving the company or the lure. Seems they have concluded the market demand would be very limited. If you are referring to the " No Name " lure . To be precise it was Jack Fujita a nephew of John that I conversed with.

Brand new back in the 50's and 60's they retailed for 79 cents each in those days. I have to no way to prove this but they started to disappear on shelves when the plastic grubs came out.

As far as collector value who knows. The last price I seen them sell for was about 4.95 . Usually bought by desperate anglers that were frantically searching for what few remained. As almost any fish that swam would hit them. I never seen them marketed as a bass lure though. So you might be talking about something entirely different.

As stated a pic would help.

[email protected]

LedHed said:
Welcome to Jigcraft.

Hard to determine the real value for the lures - some do come up on ebay.... A picture would be real nice. I think they have been revived and the family is making & marketing them.

Well, I tried but I'm not sure I accomplished anything. This isn't the usual format for inserting pictures I'm familiar with.

Back