Updating Old Lures

Pup

Ever tie onto an old lure?  My Dad did, quite frequently, whenever he wanted to replace a skirt or tail that wasn't readily available.  I have a small collection of spinners and spinnerbaits that he modified.

Thought I'd carry this forward by updating an old no-name bass popper that was laying inside of a vintage tackle box.  Please post your photos of baits you've modified or updated to this thread if you feel inclined. :)

S5300002_zpsdthozdtl.jpg

Jig Man

Back in the day "70's" I mail ordered most of my jigs thru Bass Pro. So when I started tying I went thru some of my old used pile and did a remake. Red/black/white was a good producer back then, and still is today. These are a lot better made and have may more flash....

View attachment 3

Attachments

• Image02022013161005.jpg
    Image02022013161005.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 58

hookup

Looks like a Hoola Popper

Restored old lures to original but never tied on one

Pup

Good read and tie JM. :)

And...Hookup, I think you are right.  It does look like an older Arbogast Hula Popper (Spinning Version).  :cool:  Though interestingly, 'HULA POPPER' isn't written on its body in block letters.  Its hook hanger hardware and hook appears consistent with the others I've seen online, as does its color pattern (frog) #771F.

Back