Ultra Violet

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I tried some UV enhanced stuff over the weekend. I was blown away with the results. The first pic is what they look like to the naked eye.

uv.jpg

Now heres what the same baits look like under a blacklight. The top bait doesnt have the UV in it. It is fl orange so it does put off a light glow as all fluorescent do. So with all the talk about most fish seeing UV light.... I think they should be able to see these!

uvblacklight.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
WOW! Very cool. I have seen some of the pics taken under black light of materials that are "UV enhanced" and had always wondered what a comparison of a UV and a non-UV would look like. Thanks for posting - that is an awsome difference in color!

I think the side-by-side comparison would be a must to convince a hard headed fisherman (like myself) that there is a difference. ;)

JUNGLEJIM1

Very interesting and cool stuff. I've been working with uv's for a few weeks now and it's surprising to find out that my favorite baits usually have two colors that light up with the blacklight.I recently ordered five new fluorescent dyes to try once they get here. I really believe they make a difference in deep and dirty water. All of my ties lately have two or more fluorescent colors in it which I'll be trying out soon since the weather here is finally cooling off. When I was in California fishing with Ledhed my best color was a firetiger colored flashduck.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Yeah I noticed the same thing when I turn a black light on in the shop. Most of my favorites light up! But it's nothing like this stuff in the plastic. It may actually be too bright! I'll find out!

Back