Ultra minnow mold mod?

moswampy

Has anyone modified an ultra minnow mold to place a crane swivel into the jig head? Would it be possible with this mold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kdog

A while back someone had done just the mod you are talking about. search the archives

Hawnjigs

KISS
A longer ring stem barrel swivel might allow more clearance from the head, and they tend to be smoother spinning than cranes.

moswampy

did the mod on the 1/8th size, that is the size I will use the most. Was easier than I thought after doing the initial measurements. Luckily I own a high speed detail grinder for carving decoys and plenty of carbide bits. Made the work easy and I am happy with the results. Cannot wait for the prespawn crappie and attack them with the long pole.

Fin and Fur

Nice work on the heads. Just made one said long pole out of old broken rod remnants. 8'4" 3 piece.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455404408199.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455404408199.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 114

m.t.pockets

Used size 0 stainless steel eye and pressed it into the mold using a six tun a frame bench top press from harbor freight added split ring and crane swivel for added clearence

nycl0o.jpg

m.t.pockets

Sorry folks not use to posting pictures on here. If you right click on the image and then select view image it will come up the correct way

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
m.t.pockets said:
Sorry folks not use to posting pictures on here. If you right click on the image and then select view image it will come up the correct way

m.t.pockets - Here is the picture of your jig sized down.  Is an attachment, so have to log in to view.......

View attachment 6

Attachments

• mtpockets_01.jpg
    mtpockets_01.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 108

moswampy

very nice mod on that ultra minnow. I decided to keep my production steps down and went with an imbedded swivel.

I am very pleased with the outcome and the jigs that will be tied off of this mold.

Back