Trilobal Antron chenille

JUNGLEJIM1

View attachment 6View attachment 7View attachment 8 This is probably my favorite chenille to tie with, makes great tight bodies. About 8 years ago I bought 300 yards off ebay for $75 and it lasted me six years. For the past couple years I've been buying retail packs for $2.50 for 4 yards. I got tired of this so inquired about getting another bulk roll. They came back with a price of $.20 per yard, 1/3 the price of retail. I had them order another roll, this is the small size. Takes about six wraps on a #2 hook. Roll is in so I can go crazy for awhile now. Probably went through 20 yards or so already since Saturday. Fly shop said they never had one person order that much of one color before and they've been around quite awhile. Here is what it looks like plus some jigs tied with it.    View attachment 6View attachment 7View attachment 8

Attachments

• IMG_5517.JPG
    IMG_5517.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5532.JPG
    IMG_5532.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 72

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple small packs of different colors of the Trilobal Antron stuff and really like it.  That is one hell of a roll!  You saved your self some cash on that purchase.  Really like the chart/orange contrast.

JUNGLEJIM1

It should last me awhile anyway. The chartreuse/ orange combination has been my favorite combination for crappie during the dusk/dawn periods. They see it very well. Second choice for those time periods would be something with glow colors in it.

duffy

Great looking jigs JJ. I also have tried some of the small packs and like it too. I doesn't mash down and seems to stand up well,,, after all it was made for carpets. The orange/Char looks great. Your work is always an inspiration.

Back