Tip Up Jigs

Bucho

I`ve seen light rock fishing guys using this jig head shape and found it hideous. That was 3 years ago. Lately, I have developed a taste for stand-up paterns although the hook selection is difficult to say the least. A new fishing buddy, a VMC teamangler who knows his fishing, said that tip-ups would be even better so I gave it a shot.

First cast 56cm, second cast 50cm - both fish taken from the baddest pile of junk the yard has to offer. Given that cod are around it usually holds 1 good size fish and 1-2 smaller specimen that take me 8-12 casts, 1-2 lurechanges and a snagged jig to catch. Today it was only 2 casts and felt like I picked it up from a lawn.  :cool:  I highly recommend this mold! Since it has similar balanced as the sea horse mold and I accidently ordered 2 of them, I did not hesitate to engrave a spinner fastening. The blunt end of the lead head has a tendency to suck in hair and lets it get caught in the blade. A classic chenille pattern works fine though.

27533816cb.jpg

27533817zd.jpg

27533818jd.jpg

27533819kh.jpg

27533820od.jpg

27533821ex.jpg

hookup

Get them light enough, and use elaztech, we call them ned rigs in the US. Works great on bass but you have to cull through the small ones to get a decent fish.

Back