Tinsel Time

Pup

Visited my local Target store this evening. Picked up four packages of Christmas tinsel (icicles) for 50% off or $0.50 per package. Five-hundred icicles per package. Colors include gold, silver, green, magenta, and blue. Its design is similar to holographic.

Here's a closeup of a jig that I tied with it tonight. Used a 1/8-ounce ball head with a #2 hook.

tinselgray007.jpg

tinselgray001.jpg

A useful material that may be discounted at many other stores during Christmas clearance sales.

toadfrog

Have to scoot on down to a store. Forgot about that stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Pup I was in target the other night and got thinking about your icicles. So i gave my wife the "I'll be back". They had them 90% off. I got 20 packs for 2 bucks. Should've seen the look on the wifes face when i rounded the corner with two arm fulls of icicles.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ron Don said:
...Should've seen the look on the wifes face when i rounded the corner with...

LMAO!!! Trust me, i (and probably a few others here) know THAT LOOK well! :D With my better half, it is somewhere between - "Have you lost your mind?" and "I don't know that person!"

I wasn't able to find any tinsel or icicles left over but did pick up a couple rolls of colored and somewhat transparent ribbon (for making bows) at my local "dollar" mart 80% off... 20 cents each for .625" wide x 10' long rolls.

Pup

Guys,

I've tied sooo many jigs using tinsel that I grew tired of it and would not use it for a year or two. This past holiday season, Target cleared this tinsel that looks much thinner to me than my others. So, I think I'm going to use it again. Makes a nice lateral line on a float-n-fly hair jig or a "dual flash" on each side of a small swimming jig.

Ron Don, that's a great find. My best ever find was at Walgreens for $0.09 a package. Though, that tinsel wasn't as nice as this is.

Back