Tie dyed feathers

toadfrog

View attachment 3View attachment 4View attachment 5A lot of folks put stripes on feathers and hair with markers . I had time to dink around and do this .Having lived through the 60's I still remember the tie dyeing thing . You can only do a clump of feathers about as big around as a pencil (dry weight) or the die does not penetrate very well . I simply to some small cheap zip ties spaced them on the feathers and dropped them the dye bath . The result was this .

Attachments

• Tie dyed feathers 001.jpg
    Tie dyed feathers 001.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Tie dyed feathers 002.jpg
    Tie dyed feathers 002.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Tie dyed feathers 003.jpg
    Tie dyed feathers 003.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 64

blt

Very nice. I wanted to try to strip out bucktails this year and just dye the tips a different color.
Good idea though on your part.

redman

Nice job Toadfrog. Like every time I hear some one say tie dye I think of Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, and Santana. Like far out man way to cool. Stuck in the 60's again.

Redman

toadfrog

Amen to stuck in the 60's . I can't really say when where or what time I'm liable to head for the man cave . I loose all track of time . I've been in there for 22 hrs. at a time . The wife has started texting me to let me know how long I've gone without stopping to take a break . I am going to try to do a barbed wire pattern . That is going to take take a compression plate . Have to make that darn thing . Thanks to all of you I'm starting to get the feel again . Maybe I can at least catch up to you . The best Jig men in the world are located right here . I tell people my jigs are alright but if they want to see great works of art come visit JigCraft.

Back