There goes the neighborhood

New River Rat

Hey, names Sam, fish the New River in VA. Love to tinker with baits, mostly spinnerbaits and jigs. Need to pick up some (i.e. "steal") some ideas from this site. This place looks promising!

StumpHunter

Welcome from SC. We all have guns and will use them if needed so be careful stealing things around here :D:D LOL good to have you join us.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome from NW Ohio! Lots of spinners and jigs cross each others path and become fused together here. Would that make spigs.... or jignners? Glad to have you - Russ

eyecrosser

Big welcome from Kansas!!!!! What do you fish for out there. Mainly fresh or do you get a little salty also?????

New River Rat

Thanks for the welcome! I'm more of a spinnerbait builder, but recently I'm finding myself throwing a lot of jigs. I don't pour my own lead, that's what friends are for....lol

Here's my weakness. I built these after trial and error for the New River in VA. It is close to the silversides and small shad, it's a 5/8 oz hidden weight , #5 Indiana, compact frame on a .045 wire (muskie-proof). I build lots others, but this is my go to.

Picture021.jpg

This is a 1 oz beast for muskies.

1ounceslime-aid.jpg

Lost Pole

Welcome from SELA.

Promising is an understatement for what you've found. There isnt a better bunch around.

Perty spinners though. You have an eye for paint. .

redman

A BIG HOWDY from Deep East Texas. Sit a spell enjoy yourself. Take what you want but use what you take. Remember to leave as much as you take for someone is coming right behide you that may need some also.

Redman

BucktailJiger

redman said:
A BIG HOWDY from Deep East Texas. Sit a spell enjoy yourself. Take what you want but use what you take. Remember to leave as much as you take for someone is coming right behide you that may need some also.

Redman
Words from a very wise man . Welcome abord from Iowa

nice work

Back