the student surpasses the master!

jjsjigs

Banned
Lately, my eldest "minion" has been begging to flyfish almost every night. Yep, a 13 year old takes flyflinging over his Wii and X-box! (A fact that I absolutely LOVE). He has been outfishing me almost every outing (Ah... the student surpasses the mentor). He is addicted to topwater poppers, floating bugs of the Jassid, dries, and cricket/hoppers. I took him to the Wyalusing Creek last night. The strange thing is that we only can find "looker ups fish" in one run consistently. The rest of the creek never hits the topwater stuff...

The fish are not huge, but it's the action he loves. Seeing the take, the fight... I love to hear his "whoops, yells, and FISH ON!

558305602_photobucket_35495_.jpg
His first fallfish/chub on a topwater cricket

558305602_photobucket_35499_.jpg
A nice rock bass
558305602_photobucket_35497_.jpg
My only smallie for the evening. Also taken on a floating cricket pattern
558305602_photobucket_35493_.jpg

SaltyBuckster

Nice pics,looks like you were a good teacher.Ever notice that all young guys grab the line when they catch a fish?You should break him of that TEACH !!

jjsjigs

Banned
@ az: He knows better than to hold the line, but he has been "spined" a few times by rock bass. He actually caught a few more larger fish but when he takes them out of the water he releases them too quickly for me to snap a pic. Those little fish he held by the line since the weight of them were less.... and the fact I demanded a few candid camera shots of his mad skills!

SaltyBuckster

Just saying that because I got yelled at a lot when those slimey trout would flip off the line standing in the water by my uncle,who was hungry that day,lol.Even lost a keeper flounder flipping him over the boat last weekend.

JSC

Gotta Keep those kids fishin

What is tough when you have 3 wantin to go when ur boat want take care of but 1 maybe 2 ...

JSC

Back