The Rigging has Begun

SaltyBuckster

My jigbox was completely full.I had to make room for a couple more jigs for the first striper venture of the season.Decided to rig a couple of rods up.Here's the first one,my spinning outfit.It's a 6'6" Penn Slammer spinning rod,medium action,with a Diawa BG 60 spinning reel loaded with 40lb. Ande clear mono..We'll be fishing in 50' of water in Raretin Bay.I held bottom good last year with braid and a 1 oz. bucktail for fluke so,decided on a 2 oz. pure white bucktail for use with the heavier mono.Here she is ready to fish.

Attachments

• DSC00020.JPG
    DSC00020.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 42

SaltyBuckster

If I use braid on that particular set up,My jig would have to be in the 1 to 1 1/2 oz. size or it would be too heavy for the drift.So,I figured to use mono on that rod and use a bigger jig to give more of a size compatable to what is swimming around down there.After the bunker and everything starts hatching thier eggs and some babies are running around,say in July,the little jigs will be the ticket.

LedHed

Sponsor
SB - I would wrap a rag around the rod or the jig. Beat up some rods like that...

That tye is awesome!

SaltyBuckster

LedHed said:
SB - I would wrap a rag around the rod or the jig. Beat up some rods like that...

That tye is awesome!
I'll wrap it when it's time to go,lol.I like walking by and seeing it right now.Thanks for the compliment.I like it alot myself.

blt

LedHed said:

I see a lot of "Tourons" driving down the road with the 10-13 foot surf rods in the pipes on the front of the Trucks/Jeeps. Nothing wrong with that....that is what they are for. BUT.......they leave the 4-8 oz. sinkers on them lol. Picture that one going down the road at 45-60mph and the vertical rods getting beat into tooth pics by them big sinkers lol.

blt

Fluke tacos lol. Never heard of that. Flounder is one of those foods I want plain, of maybe stuffed with crab. To delicate of a flavor for me to be mixing up. Have you ever made up Striper balls? Make them just like crab cakes....mmmmmmm.

Lost Pole

Stuffed flounder is one of my favorited but fish tacos rule, especially if they're blackened. Not much beats creole blackened redfish from the grill though.

blt

I can see fisah tacos with blue fish, Tautog (Black fish), but I like Flounder to ba simple.
Now my little Brother is a Chef. He makes a lasagna with a garlic cheese sauce with seafood in it. Noodles/sauce on bottom, layer of Flounder, noodles/sauce then shrimp, noodles/sauce and scallops. Some other stuff in there also, but it is to DIE for lol.

SaltyBuckster

blt said:
I can see fisah tacos with blue fish, Tautog (Black fish), but I like Flounder to ba simple.
Now my little Brother is a Chef. He makes a lasagna with a garlic cheese sauce with seafood in it. Noodles/sauce on bottom, layer of Flounder, noodles/sauce then shrimp, noodles/sauce and scallops. Some other stuff in there also, but it is to DIE for lol.
Funny you say that Bob.My brother is a executive chef at Trump's Castle and he just can't stop eating my flounder fish tacos.I'll have to let you eat some one of these days

Back