tempt powder

bucktail

I came across this paint online and wondered if anyone has used it ??
Then I came across their website and see they are getting 16.95 for 2 oz not sure what makes this anymore than protec or like brands,it's made in Australia some of their clear flake looks great but at that price you could get half a pound of others

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of them..... but dang, that is pricey. It better be bullet proof for that cost. If it were me, i would get a pound of clear and then go to the craft store and buy the glitter colors you want and start mixing.

bucktail

Thanks Russ,what clear do you recommend?
also about how much glitter @ 2 oz of pc?

Kdog

Although its directed to Russ, my personal ratio depends on the effect I am trying to achieve, and usually ranges from 1/2 PC and 1/2 glitter to 5 parts powder to 1 part glitter. Or some really neat effects can be achieved using mica powder with and without glitter.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about ratios of glitter, i usually just keep adding to it and then testing it out. If using the same mix for a long period of time, i even have to add some clear back to the jar occasionally. Tapping it on jigs seems to let the excess powder fly away but the glitter seems to end up back in the jar. I've used a couple different brands of clear and all have worked for me. Just have to double check on your cure once they are all finished. Some of the clears seem to cure a little different and get very thin cracks in the finish.

Back