Superbowl vittles

Radtexan

Got a whole laundry list of finger foods for ours, but tried a first for me,,,from scratch. Was some fun, but when I can buy them homemade all over town for 7-8 bucks a dz, I think I'll let them have all the fun next time ;). Steam for an hour or so , I'll let you know the outcomeView attachment 9

What's on your plate for the game ?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391374961.044717.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391374961.044717.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 57

Jig Man

Lots of work goes in them... But dang their good. Not sure, we are going over to some friends house, but I know the pecan pie will be amazing...

Lost Pole

I was full, but after the pic I'm ready for 'nother go round. Hope y'all enjoy the game. I'm sitting thisn out and watch some netflix with the lady.
But the food is good.
Chimi changa from scratch courtesy of Helianthus.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391385399.573018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391385399.573018.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 49

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I shoveled a path to the grill and lit enough coal to melt the snow off the top. :) But hey, it was a heat wave today at 34° anyway. Boneless/skinless chicken breast sandwiches with roasted carrots and garlic/parm asparagus. Am stuffed...... but gonna warm me up some sausage/velveta/ro-tel dip here in a sec.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sure love tamales! But they do bring back a specific memory every time, even just at the site of em................. Time travel back to the late 90's and the first time i was ever introduced to them at a concert sitting around a bonfire at diner. We started the party around lunch. :beer: Was delicious flavor and wanted to be polite to the guy who made them, so never mentioned to him how chewy the outside was. I finished about half before i noticed my wife staring at me with her jaw dropped.

Radtexan

Probably my first and last attempt...Dont know what wasnt right,but never could get the masa to firm up...All the directions i saw said to steam for 1- 1 1/2 hours...I kept testing till 2 1/2 hours into it.Tasted fine but never did get quite the right texture. ;(

Lost Pole

hunter7711 said:
What's this about a LADY? Does she fish?

She's been posting here.
She's a goodn beyond what I know there to be.
Fishes, hunts, n ties.
Wonderful mom, inspirational, and good with Pistol.
BONUS, and is way easy on the eyes to this old man.
Just waiting for your inspection.

:)

hookup

Dude, love those tamalies. Haven't found any around here for sale. Use to make them when I lived in SoCA. Awesome!

Superbowl was a bust for me, I got the flu. Had planeed on making Crab Quesadillas & jalepeno poppers, but instead, decided to sleep.

Back